Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Self Efficacy

Not so much of an update about my DC experiences, but more about how I'm trying to make my DC time worthwhile.

No matter what you go through, always try to make the best out of your situations. Bad situations can make you sulk, worry, complain, upset, etc, and it's important to address and express those emotions when they come up. But no matter how bad it gets, you have to know to pick yourself back up and loosen the grip of bitterness. I'm learning to be more in touch with my emotions, but it is pretty hard after years of bottling things up and trying to maintain composure. It's a goal I'm trying to reach and I'm pushing myself everyday to get there. Always aim to get yourself to a good place, no matter how challenging and impossible it may be.

Anyways I came across this blog, and it's reminded me how to go about each day. Thought I'd share it with you and hopefully the entry help you in whatever you may be going through!

How To Make Today Memorable
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
- Maria Robinson
  • Smile, be positive, and notice what’s right. – Everything that happens in life is neither good nor bad. It just depends on your perspective. And no matter how it turns out, it always ends up just the way it should. Either you succeed or you learn something. So stay positive, appreciate the pleasant outcomes, and learn from the rest.
  • Be authentic. Be true to yourself. – If you aren’t being yourself, you aren’t truly living… you’re merely existing. And no day spent in a phony state of mere existence will ever be memorable or worthwhile.
  • Share time with a good friend and experience life together. – There are few things more satisfying than recounting the greatest moments of your life with your closest friends who lived these moments alongside you.
  • Do something fun and laugh your ass off. – Some of the most memorable moments in your life will be moments spent in laughter.
  • Be present. Be here now. – Don’t let your life slip by. Instead of dwelling on the past, or worrying about the future, just practice being and living in the ‘now.’ Remember, right now is the only moment guaranteed to you. Right now is life. Don’t miss it.

"I’ll leave it to you to explore the functions of my heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment